Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Karl-Thomas Returns to Texas- The 2,000 Mile Challenge

by: Karl-Thomas Musselman

Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 08:24 AM CST

Answering the call to serve.

The rumors are true- I'm moving back to Texas!

I am excited to announce that I have taken leave from ActBlue in order to join Rick Noriega's US Senate campaign as the Online Coordinator effective November 1.

Currently, I'm writing you from the Boston-Logan Airport where I will soon board a jetBlue flight to Austin (via JFK in New York) with my cat (Catfish). As you can see, she's handling it quite well. She wasn't much help with the $50 cab fare to get here (taxis are crazy expensive in Boston) but she seems just as eager as I to return to warmer Texas weather. And of course, to Rick Noriega's Senate campaign.

But Catfish and I would like to issue a fundraising challenge in support of Rick Noriega.

It's roughly 2,000 miles from Boston and Austin.

We'll be flying for about 6.5 hours, arriving in Texas at 5 pm.

Can you raise $1 for Rick Noriega for each mile of flight by the time we land?

$208 for Noriega gets us to New York.
$570 for Noriega gets us to Virginia.
$1,100 for Noriega gets us to Georgia.
$1,415 for Noriega gets us to Mississippi.
$2,000 for Noriega gets us home to Texas!

Give here: http://www.actblue.com/page/2000milechallenge

That's $2,000 by 5pm, just $300 an hour- and I'm even give you a head start! I won't be able to check in on the progress of this effort until we land in the Lone Star state so I'm putting my faith in you to support our presumptive Democratic nominee to defeat John Cornyn. I wouldn't be returning to Texas if I didn't think Rick Noriega represented a once in a decade opportunity to change Texas politics.

It's time to retire Junior Senator John Cornyn.
And you can do it for just $1 a mile.

Our eyes are upon you Texas. Will you, too, answer the call?

No comments: